HISTORY OF LITTLE FLOWER CONGREGATION
The Little Flower Congregation has its origin on 19th March, 1931 at Mookkannur, as a society of Brothers with the name ‘’Little Flowers Brotherhood” by Fr. Thomas Panat, later known as Fr. Basilius CST, with necessary permission from Mar Augustin Kandathil, the then Arch bishop of Ernakulam archdiocese. It was reorganized as clerical congregation in 1945 and began to admit the candidates to priesthood. The constitution of the reorganized religious institute, thereafter called Little Flower Congregation, was written by Fr. Basilius, and was approved by Archbishop Kandathil on Oct 8, 1947.
The bifurcation of the congregation into clerical section (C.S.T. fathers) and lay section (congregation of St. Therese) took place on 8th December 1978. Again the constitution was revised, and was approved by Cardinal Joseph Parecattil. With the missionary zeal of St. Little Flower began to work in North India. Years later, the Congregation decided to erect two provinces as St. Thomas Province and St. Joseph Province in 1994.
In 2003 two new provinces which Khrist Jyoti and Little Flower vice Province were erected in North India. Thus now the Little Flower Congregation is functioning as four different provinces. Our priests serve in Europe, Africa, Papua New Gunea and America as missionaries.